Saturday, September 7, 2019
Edmonds Coho Derby
The PSA Sno-King and the sponsors of the derby accept no responsibility for loss, damage, injury to any boat, vehicle, equipment, contestant, passenger or observer during this event. Anyone entering the Derby, or providing assistance to Derby Officials or contestants, agrees to hold the Derby Committee, sponsors, and officials harmless for any damages or claims which may arise; and, in particular, if you choose to participate, you agree that you are responsible for your own safety. The Participant authorizes PSA Sno-King Chapter to use, edit, copy, publish or exhibit any photograph taken during this event for any lawful purpose, including commercial purposes, fundraising and any and all other promotional materials, without payment or consideration to the participant, and the participant waives the right to review any photograph.
1. Fishing is allowed in the open areas of Marine areas; 8-1, 8-2, 9 and 10. The Snohomish River, or any river, is not included in the derby area. Fish that appear to have been caught in a river will be disqualified.
2. All contestants must fish in accordance with the current WDFW Fishing Regulations.
3. All anglers (persons with a fishing license) aboard the boat must have a derby ticket. This includes Charter Boats. Random checks will be conducted.
4. Derby Hours are from dawn to 2:00 p.m. sharp.
5. Salmon must be caught the day of the event, in the designated Marine Areas, and arrive at the weigh in location via water to qualify for weigh in and prizes.
6. Wild and hatchery fin clipped Coho (Silver) salmon may be weighed in to qualify for prizes. All participants agree to comply with all current WDFW rules for each area. Derby officials are not responsible to determine legality of any Coho weighed in. WDFW enforcement may be present at the weigh in.
7. Clean your fish before arriving at the weigh in location. All guts, gills and kidney (the blood next to the spine) must be removed. Derby judges may do additional cleaning at their complete discretion before weighing.
8. Each contestant may weigh in only1 fish. There will be no upgrading of fish. Your first fish weighed in will be your entry.
9. There are 2 weigh in locations; 1. Port of Edmonds near the launch sling. 2. Bayside Marine in Everett near the public launch area.
10. NOTE: The Port of Edmonds does not allow any fish cleaning within the breakwater.
11. You must be in line by 2:00 p.m. to be eligible to weigh in your fish. Time will be determined by derby official cell phone.
12. Derby officials reserve the right to disqualify any fish that appears to have been tampered with or per the rules designated herein.
13. Prizes shall be awarded for largest salmon (by weight) in various categories and for the salmon coming closest to the mystery weight. Other categories may be added by derby officials.
14. In the event of a tie the time of weigh in shall determine the winner (earliest fish wins).
15. The decisions of Derby Officials on legality, time and weight will be final and binding.
16. Awards ceremony will begin at approximately 4:00 p.m. at the Port of Edmonds near the launch sling.
17. Prizes and awards will be limited to one per entry except that all contestants will be eligible to win the mystery weight prize as well as prizes awarded for largest salmon Kids are eligible to win the adult prizes based on largest salmon. Kids are not eligible to win the adult mystery weight prize as they have their own mystery weight division.
18. You must be present to win and claim prizes.
19. Any violation of Derby rules or regulations shall subject a violator to disqualification and may in the discretion of the judges subject the violator, and possibly those fishing with him or her, to permanent banning from future competitions.
20. Persons observing possible rules violations are required to submit a written protest, on a form available from Derby headquarters, to the judges no later than 3:00 p.m. Saturday September 7, 2019.
21. There shall be no refunds. This is an all-weather Derby. Participants are expected to use reasonable judgment and common sense with respect to weather and sea conditions.
22. Prize recipients are responsible for payment of any taxes that might be owed on a particular prize, Merchandise prizes shall have no cash value, and shall not be eligible for exchange or credit from the donor thereof. All prizes shall be final at the time of award.
Derby officials' decisions are final in all Edmonds Coho Derby matters.
Port of Edmonds Headquarters
Weigh-In Deadline is 2:00 PM Sharp
The 2019 Edmonds Coho Derby gets started at 6:00 a.m. Saturday September 7th. The launch sling at the Edmonds Marina will open at 5AM to allow you to launch your boats at first light and start fishing. The weigh-in runs until 2:00 p.m. sharp. You must be in line to weigh your fish by 2:00 p.m. No one will be allowed in line after 2:00 p.m. No exceptions. Be sure to weigh in your fish early as we have had ties every year and the tie breaker is the fish weighed in first.
When you approach the scale be sure to have your derby ticket stub handy to show to the weigh master. Your fish will be weighed and logged into our computerized leader board system. The top 10 fish will be held on ice until the awards ceremonies. We encourage you to retrieve your fish early if your fish drops out of the top 10. At 4:00 p.m. the awards ceremony will begin where all the prizes will be given away. Photos will be taken of the top 10 winners at the end of the award ceremony. The Port of Edmonds has several areas where the family can sit and enjoy the day in and around Derby Headquarters.
Moorage and Parking
The Edmonds Marina guest moorage is very popular. See the Port of Edmonds Marina Office for details on what is available if you plan to put your boat in the water Friday night. We encourage you to take your boat out of the water when you are done fishing as there is always a big crowd in the guest moorage area at weigh in time. We have arranged with the Port to offer parking for derby participants who launch their boats at Edmonds to park in the large lot at the very north end of the marina. There are only a handful of spots in the parking lot adjacent to Derby Headquarters for trucks and boats on trailers. Normally the large fenced lot across the street from the North end of the marina is used for only trailer parking but only on derby day the Port of Edmonds will let you park in that lot with your boat on the trailer. That way you can launch at Derby Headquarters and park your boat in the lot while you enjoy the festivities and the awards ceremonies at 4:00 p.m. There is limited parking on the streets in front of the marina. Do not park in any Port of Edmonds parking space with the yellow lines as those are clearly marked for Port of Edmonds tenants only. Lots of derby participants will want to take their boats home after they weigh in their fish since the awards ceremony will not start until 4:00 p.m. We have delayed this ceremony to allow all of our Everett weigh in derby participants plenty of time to weigh in their fish at the Bayside weigh in station and drive down to the Edmonds ceremonies.
Everett Weigh-In Station at Bayside Marine
• After you have your boat on your trailer either park and walk your fish up to the scale to be weighed or drive through as directed by derby officials.
• Have your ticket stub ready to present to the weigh master.
• If your fish is in the top 10 be sure to keep it on ice and take it to the Edmonds ceremony.
• Please leave the area immediately after weighing in your fish so others can get in line.
If at all possible please leave your boat & trailer at home before coming to the Edmonds Derby Headquarters for the final ceremonies as there is very limited parking there. You will have two hours between weigh-in and the ceremony in Edmonds which starts at 4:00 p.m.
This Derby is partnered with the Northwest Marine Trade Association (NMTA) which sponsors the Northwest Salmon Derby Series. NMTA is responsible for all Series matters, including boat giveaways. PSA Sno-King is not responsible for any errors or changes made by the NMTA.
In the unlikely event the PSA Sno-King ticket sales do not exceed the breakeven threshold of 483 tickets, the ticket sale prize money will be prorated as follows: 34.5% to 1st place, 14% to 2nd place, 7% to 3rd place and 3.5% to the mystery fish.
By entering this Derby and/or entering to win the 2019
Derby Series Grand Prize Boat, each angler or participant acknowledges and agrees that his or her contact information may be made available to sponsors like Wooldridge, EZ Loader, Salmon & Steelhead Journal, Boats US, Scotty, Lowrance and Who Dat Towers. Also each entrant further acknowledges that they may be contacted by a sponsor. Anglers and participants who prefer not to be contacted by sponsors should send an email to email@example.com advising the Northwest Salmon Derby Series not to share their contact information with third parties.